This is the first of three messages on miracles from Mark 5. The first is the man with the legion of demons. The second is Jairus and his daughter. The third is the woman with the issue of blood.
Some key takeaways:
- Demons are real and operating in this world today.
- We have the right to cast them out, since Jesus commissioned us to do as He did.
- The term “demon-possessed” is inaccurate. It’s more accurately “demonized” – attacked or affected by a demon.
- They’re ALL subject to Jesus. They want to convince us that we don’t serve as Jesus did.
- After it was over, all the man had was a testimony, but it opened the door for Jesus’ future ministry.