Jesus compared two sons asked to help in the vineyard:
- One son said he would go, but never did.
- One son that refused, but later changed his mind.
That was background for where I eventually went: Salt and Pepper. I heard this explained in detail when I went to a ministry school in Kansas in 2016.
- God created us pure – like salt.
- Sin tainted mankind – like pepper.
- The blood of Jesus cleanses us and makes us pure – like salt again.
- But we grew up with “pepper” habits, “pepper” thinking, and surrounded by people that are likewise.
- We get to renew our minds to think like Jesus and live like Jesus – like salt.
If believers have a sin nature, or a dual nature, it means the work of the Cross and Resurrection were less than what happened in the garden.
This is “Salt and Pepper 1” because I will be coming back to this again.